Audit and Assurance
We have the knowledge and understanding of regulation and legislation to help our clients to deal with complex auditing and reporting issues involving International Standards of Auditing (ISA) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
We audit a wide range of clients from sole entrepreneurs to large international groups. Our audit approach is tailored to suit the size and nature of your organisation and draws upon our extensive industry knowledge.
Financial statement audit
In today’s business environment with increasing regulations and corporate statutory compliance standards, the financial statement audit has never been more important. Investors require greater reliability, more oversight and clear evidence of internal controls.
Our audit approach focuses on understanding the clients’ business and control issues from the inside out. It combines risk assessment, diagnostic processes and audit testing procedures.
We follow the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence to ensure that investors and other users of financial statements are confident that the information contained in your company’s financial statements is complete and accurate.
Our audit services include:
- Statutory audits of financial statements to ISAs
- Audits of consolidated financial statements to ISAs
- Non-statutory audits and other specialised opinions
Evaluation of internal controls
Internal Control Assurance services help clients to identify, develop and test internal control policies and procedures within business process and information technology environments.
Our services include:
- Review systems and control operations and advise whether management and business processes are being practiced as planned
- Conduct a risk analysis to identify key risk areas
- Test the effectiveness of the controls (to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information)
- Implement checks and balances for work processes, computer applications and the underlying systems
Internal Auditing is designed to help organizations to accomplish their strategic objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach which will evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
In order to maximise the effectiveness of the internal audit function an understanding of the objectives, risks, risk management priorities and regulatory environment of the organisation need to be performed. Ultimately, these determine the risk profile of the organisation and the strategic focus, organisation, resources and practices required of its internal audit department.
We can provide guidelines and professional support to organisations that seek to improve the quality and effectiveness of their internal audit processes in a number of ways:
- Preparation of internal audit and procedures manual
- Internal audit outsourcing
- Comprehensive review of the overall effectiveness of an internal audit function including compliance to professional standards, effectiveness and efficiency of function activities, organization, resource and skill capabilities, evaluation of stakeholder needs and fulfilment of those needs, and identification of strengths and improvement opportunities that strategically position the internal audit function for on-going success.